Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Tales from the Hollow Earth

So... remember that game, Illuminati? Guess who else does? Tila Tequila, that's who!

I grieve for her mental health, but there is such a wealth of potential gaming material in this rant. A sample:


SHALL I TELL THE PEOPLE ABOUT THE ENTIRE CITY INSIDE THE HOLLOW EARTH??? SHALL I TELL THE PEOPLE THAT YOU CAME HERE AND LEFT YOUR OWN PLANET TO INFILTRATE OURS AND NOW SOME OF YOU STILL CURRENTLY RESIDE ON THE MOON!
Now that's some Grade A cray cray, right there (Please don't hit me for saying "cray cray." I'm role playing, here, okay?).

As I recall, most of our games of Illuminati ended in all of us pretty much hating each other, and TOTALLY hating the winner. I really need to pick up a copy of it. Holidays are coming, after all. It wouldn't be the same if can't alienate at least one family member.

In game terms, I kind of like where she's going with this. Hollow Earth, alien hybrids, conspiracies that go all the way to the top, bases on the moon, experiments on people, missing children, super powers... It's got everything.

Now, what system should one use to run something like that? DCC RPG is a good candidate, but you'd definitely have to house-rule the hell out of the classes to achieve the right flavor. Fate would provide a great deal of flexibility, of course, but I'm still not comfortable with that system. I think I need to sit in on one of +Christopher Helton's games before I try that. I'm thinking that one of +Joshua Macy's SFX! games would be a good candidate.

Any other suggestions?


2 comments:

  1. Dude, Tila's blog makes me feel so much better about my own.

    Yours, too! You are a GOOD writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, thanks! I've enjoyed reading yours, as well. Lots of good ideas over there.

    ReplyDelete